Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    If you want to provide project for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Triland is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I tried sending the file but it is too big. Darn...I'm just wanting to return only the highest value from the table and add it to this report. I know this cannot be this difficult ... ya know what I mean.

June7 is online now VIP
    Did you run Compact & Repair? Zip the file (2mb size allowed)? Make copy and remove data or delete objects leaving just what is needed for the issue? Alternative is to upload zipped file to fileshare site such as Box.com and post link to the file.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    I just uploaded it to box.com. I am working with the report: circuit schedule with shading for changes. All I want to do is add the textbox or add the group and refer to the max num so that the shading can occur. Let me know when you have file. https://www.box.com/s/iwhd4287lnv29znerg2k

Windows XP Access 2007
    Any Ideas???

June7 is online now VIP
    Your file is Basin...? Which report is involved in issue?

Windows XP Access 2007
    Yes Basin is correct and the report is the "Circuit Schedule Report w Shading for Changes." You'll see that I've added the conditional coding for the Revision field, just based on the field value being 1. However that won't work when they enter revision 2 and that becomes the value. The table that the revisions go into is the "Issues Revisions" table. There you will see the Rev field that is for the Revisions. They started out using a, b, c, and then decided to start using 1, 2, 3 and so on. Therefore you will see that I added a Priority Value field to accomodate that change. If you have questions: email or call me at home at 720-387-8050.

Thanks Sooo so much!!!

June7 is online now VIP
    What is being 'versioned' - [E-Ckt No]?

I created a field in [Circuit Schedule Revision Check Q1]
    MaxRev: DMax("Revision","[Circuit Schedule Revision Check Q1]","[E-Ckt No]='" & [E-Ckt No] & "'")

Then set Revision ConditionalFormatting rule as:
    Value = [MaxRev]

Most Revision values show the highlight, I saw only a couple that didn't.

Need to make value in Rev field either all text or all number. Alpha characters sort after numbers so the alphas will be 'Max'. The priorty value field won't help.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Hmmm. I can't seem to get it to run. We are simply updating the revision number itself if there are any changes. How exactly did you get it to shade. I placed the field in the query>made it show for the report>placed it in the report and changed the conditional formatting to Value = [MaxRev] and it still did not work. Do you know where I'm getting off?

June7 is online now VIP
    Don't understand. If you are simply changing the version number in the record, and not saving a new record for each revision of [E-Ckt No] then where is the history of versions to query for the Max?

In looking at your data structure I was finding it difficult to find a 'version history' to query so just 'winged' it with the query you already had built. The changes I describe are all I did.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Ok ... Let me try again. Maybe I'm just not doing it right.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Did you actually add the field to an area of the report?

June7 is online now VIP
    No, just created the field in query and changed the ConditionalFormatting rule (Access 2010). However, binding a textbox to the constructed field might help.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Can you shoot me a copy of the report with your updates. you can put it on Box.com and send me a link @triland_connie@hotmail.com. Thank you so much. It will help to give me a clearer pic of exactly how you got it to work. I think my brain has started the weekend already.

June7 is online now VIP
    I will work on that this weekend but not sure the benefit. If your data structure does not allow for version history, then what I did has no value. At this point, I am not even sure what information those changes I did convey to the report reader.

Alternatively, you can post what you did and I can analyse for why it does not show replicate what I did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.