Hank153 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003

Highlight Parameter value in report

I have a report based on a query that has the same parameter value criteria in several fields : Like "*" & [Enter any part of Name:] & "*"
    How can I highlight the requested parameter in the report fields. It does not matter how the highlight is done (normal yellow highlight or color the font differently).
    Example: My parameter value is "Wil". The report will show "Wilson, Williams, William, etc. I would like the "Wil" to stand out in the report.

Thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I NEVER use input parameter prompts in query filter criteria. The input value is not available for further reference.

Use an unbound control (textbox, combobox, listbox) on form for input of filter criteria. Reference the control as parameter in the query. Then the control can be referenced from the report. A textbox ControlSource can reference the form control. Use textbox ConditionalFormatting. However, can't make just the "Wil" part of data highlighted. It is all or nothing.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Hank153 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003
    Ok, I have a form with a unbound text box. How do I use conditional formatting to make the word containing the parameter stand out? i.e. - if "wil" is the parameter value - how can I make "Wilson", "Williams" etc stand out? Or do you mean all the data in the report must be highlighted?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Should be able to use textbox ConditionaFormatting to highlight the field if it contains 'Wil'. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...005269166.aspx

Condition 1: Expression Is [fieldname] LIKE "*" & Forms!formname!textboxname & "*".
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.