abramenko is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

External Data

Have a strange situation. I recently took over a position at work and I am trying to figure out an access database that is in use. We have a phone system that lets us spit out the call logs for every extention. After that is run, I open up a database that is on a shared drive. In it there are pre-made reports that let me view for incoming outgoing ect... The access database was created by a previous employee, and was normally accessed on his computer. I run it, and I get all the current data so its still working. However, I need to know where the access db is getting its information from. Is there a way to see the remote connection being made? I know it has to be pulling it remotly because the program that I use to grab all the records from the phone system is now installed on my computer, where it was previously installed on the past employee's computer.

abramenko is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I found it. Normally when I pulled up the db it was in the reports view, when I went to the tables view, there was a table that had an arrow on it, when I right clicked I got Linked Table Manager and it had the listing to where it was at. It was listed as C:\program files\3com\nbx\nbx call reports\nbxcdr.mdb. I guess it didn't matter that I installed the call reports on my computer, because it was set to get right to that location.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.