bhavertine is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Angry change in control source prompts enter parameter value dialog box

Hello all - I have been charged with the maintenance of our Access databases, and I have taken several courses. I am now faced with a problem that I cannot resolve. The original database was created several years ago, and I'm concerned that our update to Access 2010 may be the issue, but I don't know that for certain.

In a nutshell, a report that formerly worked is no longer functioning as it should. I looked at the properties of the report, and saw what I thought was the problem: a control source pointed to an apparently incorrect query. I updated the control source to point to the correct query, and if I run the query, I get accurate data. However, now when I try to run a report that utilizes data from this query, a "Enter Parameter Value" dialog box opens up and shows one of the items I've selected in the query ("qrySelection Totals by Category.SumOfCurr Bal"). When I just hit enter, nothing shows up in the report for the respective sums, or if I hit a number, that same number shows up for all of them. I'm so frustrated I could scream. Is there anyone out there that could shed some light on this?

Much obliged, folks!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Are you positive SumOfCurr Bal is the name of a field in query? Is that space in the name correct?

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

bhavertine is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Curr Bal is the name of the field. It is being grouped by Category and summed via the query.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Guess I will have to review the db if you want to provide. Follow instructions at bottom of my post.

Advise not to use spaces in names. Also special characters and punctuation (underscore is exception), nor reserved words as names.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.