cpamieta is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

question about Relationship between multiple tables

Hey I have to make a database for my class project, and I am having problems with the relationship between tables.
    I have these tables

Application
    advertisement
    employment agency
    listed position
    In the advertisement table I already linked listed position and employment agency. It shows the position name from the position table and in the agency column shows the agency name. When I link the application table to advertisement table and select position and employment agency column, it just shows up as the id numbers in the application table. How can I have it show "engineering| we find you jobs" for the table?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Sounds like you are using Lookups in advertisement table. I never use lookups in tables. Review http://access.mvps.org/access/lookupfields.htm

However, not sure what you are doing when you say 'link'.

Better to use forms for data entry instead of working directly with tables.

Want to provide db for analysis? Follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Here is my database,first time using access and professor said that it does not have to be complicated. I am about to make a relationship directly to the other two tables. What I wanted to do is to have the column AD applied to in the application table to show the position and employment agency which has both in the advertisement table.Database61.zip

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Presume business scenarios is to document advertising vacant positions through more than one recruitment agency. Right now not seeing need for PositionStatus table. Move those fields into ListedPosition.

Unfortunately, can't open the Application table until late tonight when I can use Access 2010.

BTW advise no spaces, special characters, punctuation (underscore is exception) in any names. If used, must enclose in [] when used in some situations, such as within expressions.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ok thanks for the help

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.