cboshdave is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Autoexec Macro details?

First, I am fairly new to Access and newbie on 2010. I have done a lot of other coding though. I am trying to setup an Autoexec macro but I would prefer to use straight VBA code. I tried to put in a RunCode option but I can't seem to figure how to refer to the vba module I want it to run. I guess I don't have that much code though. But I don't know how to call the simple "DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo" within the interactive window that Access is providing. At this point, I don't care which approach I guess. I just need it to work.

Thanks,
    Dave

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    What are you really trying to do? Do you want to customize the ribbon? This thread describes how I customize ribbon http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-...at-303789.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

yeah... That is good. I am trying to be MUCH more simple though. My autoexec file seems to be forcing me into the macro window. That help screen to build macros. I just want the code window for VBA though. I know how to get to the code window if using buttons, but not the autoexec. Can't I just get the code window?

June7 is offline VIP
    I never used autoxec macro. You want the macro to open the VBA editor? I don't know if that can be done and why would you want to?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

No, I just want to create my autoexec in the VBA editor, NOT the macro help window.

I downloaded your code. That is fine. I just don't know how to see how you did it though. Can I break out of runtime and see the code? I don't know how to do that.

June7 is offline VIP
    Autoexec macro has nothing to do with VBA. Open the VBA editor from ribbon button under Database Tools.

Hold down shift key when opening database and customization options will not execute and you can then examine the code.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.