mhgreen860 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Form copies forward previous data into new form ???

Hello. I have a series of sub-tables linked to the main table (WCLog) based on the ID in the WC Log. When the person clicks on the checkbox for one of the sub-tables, a form opens that asks for more details (Date, Time, Description of incident). It also automatically copies forward the WCLogID into this subform. MOST of the forms work great. However, there are a couple that somehow take the last entry for that sub-table, rename the WCLogID the most current ID number, and then includes it in the newest entry. So, if an entry into one of the sub-tables (Media Incident) was last made on September 15th, when a NEW WCLog entry is made today, the WCLog ID in the Media Incident form (and table) is changed to today's ID number. It's then being included in all reports, which are based on the most recent WCLog ID. I've checked everything that I can on the code side. I can't figure out why this does it with just a few of the tables, but not all. Any guidance would be appreciated~!!!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Sounds like textboxes are bound to the wrong field in form RecordSource.

Want to provide db for analysis? Follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.