dlburkins is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Question Query help

I am building a sales database and have a question about returning records for sales reps who have not paid their taxes for the amount requested.

For example:
    I have a table that has PayoutsMade. So If i have an representative that recieved[AmountDue] $200 in gift cards but only sumitted tax[AmountPaid] forms for $150, I need to write a query that would return all results that will allow for me to easily indentify those that are submitting the tax form for any value less than the [AmountDue]. So in this example that amount would be $50. Also if the value of [AmountPaid] is null I dont want to retun that record because i already have a query that shows all of the representatives where they [AmountPaid] field is null.

Thanks

Stanggirlie is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Ok, if I read and understood this correctly, you want only those records returned where the rep still has a balance.

In your query, add:
    "Difference: =[amountdue]-[amountpaid]" (without quotes)

Then below this in the criteria put: "Is Not Null or Not Like 0" (without quotes)

This would give you the difference ($50) from your example, but would not include any null or $0 values.

dlburkins is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Thanks...your suggestion worked

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.