shane201980 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Ribbon Creator or equivalent result...

So I'm finally down to setting up some reports in my database, but I'm having trouble with setting up to print the way that i would like. When my report runs, I have it set to only show the "Print Preview", and it is also set as a PopUp and Modal. i've done this because I don't want anyone leaving open windows, they should open the report/review/and then print if necessary. The problem with this is that I have no menubar/ribbon giving options to print the window. (Unless of course you right click) I've been trying to research ways to add printing options and it seems that the most presentable option(and the one I like the most) is to add a ribbon to the report window. Here the user can do multiple items such as "print" or "zoom", etc. But I don't understand how.

I did find IDBE Ribbon Creator 2010, which I thought would be easy enough. I have almost no issues creating the ribbon(I didn't see some controls that I'd like, but no big deal). Once the bar is created, I go to the finish tab and select the database, and it creates some modules. This is where i have some problems, here's a couple stats to my database.

Access 2010
    I have a split database. (Ribbon Creator stored the modules in the Back-End, but I did import them to the Front-End as well)

I still don't have any available options to add the Ribbon in the report properties, under Ribbon. Is it there? How do I activate it for the report window? Or is this impossible, and I need to rethink things?

Thanks in advance, I'm just lost right now.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Not familiar with RibbonCreator addin. Here is how I customize ribbon/QAT http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-...at-303789.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Ok, that helped me figure out why the ribbon does not show up, I'd moved the modules to the Front-End but I never moved the Table because i didn't know it existed being a system table and all. So now i'm guessing that Ribbons won't work for me. I tried to add the ribbon to the Report, but it says that it cannot run the "OnRibbonLoad", or something to that effect. (Keep in mind that i don't want to change the Access Ribbon, but simply add one to the Report window itself.) So does that mean that I cannot add a Ribbon to my Report? And is it possible to add either a Toolbar or Menu Bar, to allow users to print or zoom from the popup window?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    As I understand it, cannot just add to the standard ribbon QAT. If you want something different have to build your own. Even then might not solve your issue because of the Modal/Popup settings of report. I have never set reports that way. Popup requires the object to close before anything else can be done, and that includes clicking on the ribbon. Why use Popup? Modal requires that object to close before user can set focus on other objects.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

My intent for using the PopUp feature is that once I get a little further into my reporting there will be some options that open multiple reports at the same time. If I use the PopUp menu at that point, then the user will be able to see that there are multiple reports. I haven't gotten there yet, but I would probably remove Modal to allow them to jump between reports prior to closing or printing. If they are PopUps then this is easy, but hard for me. I may look into creating something, but there again who knows if it'll work with the PopUp settings. Well I guess I'll just get rid of the PopUp setting for now, and do some homework to see how to design a menu or toolbar to test on the PopUp window.

June7, as always it's been a pleasure. Thanks so much for helping me and others like me stay on track.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.