amitsingha4u is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Form - OLE

I am working on a project, which is much like CRM. i need to store the requests raised by different user, they also can attach office files or jpg which i store in OLE data type field.

However my concern is in my form through VBA how do i display the OLE as attachment.

And, if the user click on the attachment icon it opens the file save in OLE field.

need desperate help on the same

thanx
    amit

dcrake is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    There is a solution to your need on the AWF site. As soon as it stops misbehaving I will copy the demo into this site.

Here is a link to the sample database. http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/...d.php?t=155014

David

amitsingha4u is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Form - OLE

Hi Drake,

thanx for the reply.

However, i checked the DB you have loaded on the forum,scared not helped me much. I am looking for help something in line with Outlook way of presenting the mails.

What i mean as, just like mail appears in the inbox, i have also created my Inbox as a table, with a field data type as OLE. any attachment by the user will stored in this field. however in the form i am not able to display record as such with the attachment.

plz help

thanx
    amit

dcrake is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Before deciding to store objects as OLe objects embedded in tables you need to consider the implications of quantity and size. You database will soon be bloated to a far greater size than expected. The best apporach is to create links to the documents/images/etc. this is more efficient, however replicating other systems seems to be an inefficient way of re creating the wheel.

David

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.