jamal numan is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Question “PivotCharts” in the Access 2013

“PivotCharts” in the Access 2013,

I’m wondering where can I find the “PivotCharts” in the Access 2013. Sounds to be not in its place (please, see the attached file)

A little search in the web reveals that this button is removed! Is that possible? And how can we present our work then? do we need to go to Excel in order to do that? simply why? working in two environments (Access and Excel) is a headache!

Thank you

Best

Jamal
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clip_151.jpg   Clip_152.jpg  

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Going, Going, Gone! Pivot Charts and Pivot Tables functionality dropped from Access 2013.

Export to Excel or build graphs with the Graph control.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Question

Integrity!

Working with same environment is an asset! Our charts are used to be updated regularly according to any change on the database.

Tens of charts to represent our data were built in the Access with particular style and worked fine for long time ago.

How come to remove such very powerful tool? Do we need then to spend much of time to export our data to Excel?

Which sort of feedback made the developer doing such catastrophic change?

What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clip_163.jpg  

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I can't answer for MS, ask them.

Not an issue for me, never used pivot table/pivot chart. All my graphs are based on UNION queries and used only on reports.

What does bug me is the loss of connectivity to dBase tables. I don't want to upgrade to 2013.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    I can't answer for MS, ask them.

Not an issue for me, never used pivot table/pivot chart. All my graphs are based on UNION queries and used only on reports.

What does bug me is the loss of connectivity to dBase tables. I don't want to upgrade to 2013.
    Thanks.

you are lucky that you don't have Pivot charts.

best

Jamal

proving_sdawilson is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    PivotCharts has been removed from Access 2013 and only MSGraph is now supported.

Microsoft have said that all charting must now be done in Excel.

It used to take me a day to prepare a high quality report pack in Access 2010. I've now been working on trying to use Excel pivot charts linked to Access data for nine days. Still no viable solution. It's a complete dogs breakfast.

Consider this:

- MSGraph is not installed in my preview copy and is next-to-useless for most charting requirements - awful.
    - You can no longer build deployable solutions including an integrated chart object - the user will need Excel - limiting.
    - You have to build a separate Excel workbook with charts or use an embedded OLE Excel object - tedious.
    - You will have to manage a series of "connections" for Excel to gain access to your data - hideous.

Microsoft are suggesting this is "the way forward". Really? A database application that can't analyse data? Are they serious?

It gets worse. Try and find ANY documentation about how to seamlessly integrate Excel 2013 Charts with Access 2013 anywhere. If you do, please let me know.

I've always adopted the latest version of MS products, and lived with the changing MS strategy - but this is becoming a deal-breaker for me.

Best of luck with your solution.

Question

Thanks “proving_sdawilson” for the contribution.

The easiest way for me to keep my workflow working fine is to keep my 2010!

No way to be engaged in two environments to produce my pivot charts which have been built over years

How everybody agrees regarding this crucial change? Who are the beneficiaries of this “enhancement”?

Best

Jamal

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.