jfmark is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Text Box Not Visible in Report Print Preview

Hi,

I am using ACCESS 2007. I have added a text box in the Details section of a report. The text box has a "IIf " statement to display text when a value is null. The message displays properly when in the Report View. In the Print Preview view, it does not display. I want it to display. I have confirmed the text box property "visible" is set to YES. Can anyone advise how to solve this?

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    What happens when you actually print the report? Does it still remain null or does it show the value you want?

jfmark is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    A hardcopy print of the report is printed without the desired text. I want the report to display a message like "No data to display" when there are no records to report.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    How about this, put the actual formula in the query driving the report. Then base the report on the calculated field rather than doing the calculation on the report itself. I have had strange issues with printing/previewing from Access before so without a sample that can duplicate the error I won't be much help, but, if you do the calculation before it ever gets to the report you shouldn't have any issues at all.

jfmark is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks for your reply. I interpreted your response as to put an expression into the query, i.e. Expr1: IIf([Field_Name],Null,"No Data to Display”). Then in the report, create a textbox with Expr1 as the Control Source. If that is the case, I tried it without success.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Could you post a sample database with junk data in it, if the query is giving you the result you want it shouldn't have any difficulty but it's beyond me why it would be behaving the way you describe without something to look at.

GregHolden is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Did you every get a response to this? I am having the same issue where the IIf statement was too long, so I went into the code builder and put in an If..Then..Else statement. The text box continues to be unbound and when I generate the report, the text box remains empty.
    Thanks,

Greg

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.