HMEpartsmanager is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003

Business Weekday?

I made a report last week, and the goal was to get a query showing the past 3 workdays. An example would be for Friday; I want Friday/Thursday/Wednesday.

For todya (Monday), I want to get Monday/Friday/Thursday. Which is the 3 'work days'. I though weekday would do it, but obviously I misunderstood the weekday, and workday. :-)

So, is there a way to a business day?

Here is what I had used, until today......

>=DateAdd("w",-2,Date())

So it gives the query extracted with today and the previous 2 days; but I really wanted to find a way to get just the (Monday through Friday) type of days.

Anyone know a quick little fix for the above line?

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    What about holidays etc, and are you just looking for a list of dates counting backward from whatever the current date is? Does this relate to a specific set of data, if so you can look at using the TOP command in your query. For instance if you're pulling data from a table you set an upper limit of the date to be today's date and sort it in descending order. For instance something like:

Code:
    SELECT TOP 3 Orders.OrderDate
    FROM Orders
    GROUP BY Orders.OrderDate
    ORDER BY Orders.OrderDate DESC;

HMEpartsmanager is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003
    The owner of the company wanted to have a list of parts that have arrived in the past few days, so I created a report that I could e-mail to him a couple of times a day showing what 'has arrived'. This seemed to work fine for Wednesday, Thursday, and then Friday. Upon running it this morning, it only gave a list of today; no Friday or Thursday. That is when it dawned on me that WEEKDAY is generic in that it means a day of the week; not a business day that I had thought it meant.

So that made me think to look for a business day function, but alas, it looks like one could be coded, but for our purposes, I think we can live with the 3 generic weekdays. I changed my query from Today - 2 days; to a Today - 3 Days, which will now give a Friday. It also gives him an extra day of what has arrived. This will work for this simple report.

If I wanted anything more involved, I would just have to create the day of week function, but it is not needed for simple report. Monday's, he would get Monday and Friday; Tuesday he will get Tuesday/Monday; etc.... It is mostly to see what has arrived 'recently'; and this will be fine.

Thank you,

Tim

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.