Coolpapabell is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

What the????

I have a server / client application where all the tables are held in a database on my server and the pc based clients contain the forms, queries, reports, etc..

I have 1 report on 1 machine that just will not print correctly twice.

The machine is the exact same HP as the 4 others, running the same client application as the other HP's and printing to the same printer.

Everything was working fine until this week when the problem suddenly appeared on this 1 machine.

The report includes a sub-report, a sub-report which only appears for the first record and no others when printed on this 1 machine.
    I've replaced this machine's client application at least a dozen times now
    and I'm ready to do a system restore to last week to before this behavioral change.
    If that doesn't work I'll swap her PC with another but I really don't want to go through all of that.
    The report worked correctly for a year and stopped working correctly on 1 machine only... I'm ripping my hair out here...
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

dcrake is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Has anything happened in the interveening time between it working and failing? Has Windows put any updates on the machine for example?

David

Coolpapabell is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Apparently between the report working correctly Friday and then not working Monday there were no updates done to the machine, MS or otherwise.
    Regardless, I restored the machine back to last week and then last month and still had the problem.
    Since, I have created an identical report exactly ( copying report didn't help, needed to recreate adding field by field) with little changed other than the report name and now it works fine.

I also removed the run report command from the macro attached to the button and now have the original button's vba making visible a second button that is now used to print the report after the information has processed.

I shouldn't have needed to do any of that, it worked Friday, stopped working Monday. I'd love to know why.
    Thanks again

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.