stuart rose is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

form not letting records be edited

I have an access database.

there is a table called leads. one of the records in that field has the name called another field has the name telemarketer.

I have a select query that finds all records in the leads table where field called = no and telemarketer = x.

There is a form based upon this query which shows each record meeting the criteria so that the telemarketer can make there calls.

When I open the form from the switchboard in edit mode I can change the contents of the fields.

However when the telemarketer does so it does not let him edit the contents of the fields.

I thought this might be due to security permissions, so I set the user permissions for another user to be the same as mine on the table, the query and the form, however the issue still occurs.

can anyone help me with what my mistake is?

Ryan is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2003
    Can he/she input data and just cant save it? Or, is it that they cant enter anything in the fields at all?

If they can enter data, but simply doesnt save it. Perhaps make a command box, with the Save Record control.

on the second choice, Open the properties on the box, click the Data tab, make sure the data is not locked. It should be set to No, If its on yes, its locking the data.

Hope it helps.

stuart rose is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Can he/she input data and just cant save it? Or, is it that they cant enter anything in the fields at all?

If they can enter data, but simply doesnt save it. Perhaps make a command box, with the Save Record control.

on the second choice, Open the properties on the box, click the Data tab, make sure the data is not locked. It should be set to No, If its on yes, its locking the data.

Hope it helps.
    Thanks for the help however it doesn't allow them to enter information into the memo field, the text field or change the status of the checkboxes.

I've checked the locked property and it is set to not locked.

Ryan is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2003
    hm. If you open the form in Design View, There is a Square Box at the top left, its the Form propertys.

If you click on ALL, there are some listings for : Allow Edits, Allow Deletions, Allow Additions, Data Entry.

If sounds like the Form has a setting to lock. Did you look thru that entire list? And if you did, and still. Perhaps make a new Blank one, that everyone can open and see if you can edit it. If you can, you know its properties. If you cant, then it might be something with Access. Or you could post the Form that wont let you edit, and we can give it a dable.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.