Haleakala17 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Multiple Combo box - duplicating values

All,

I am having a problem with duplicate value entries when I select values from my first record in a combo box. When I select my values in the 2 combo boxes name Funtion and Activity in the first record, it automatically creates duplicate copies of the same value in the second record in the same fields. I am requesting if anyone out there can help me prevent the duplicate values from taking place.

Please view compressed fold attachment. I have my request in PDF file with text and a image and my mdb database, Access 2003.

Thank You.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    It's because the comboboxes are unbound (no ControlSource).

If you want dependent comboboxes, need code to requery the RowSource. The code should be Me.Function1.Requery.

What do you want these controls used for?

If you want the selected value saved to record, need to set ControlSource and don't use code to blank the combobox.

If you want to use these controls as inputs for search criteria, leave them unbound and put them in the form header.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Haleakala17 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    June 7,

I want the selected value to be saved to record in a table. Thanks for the advice of using ControlSource, it worked great. I had also entered the Me.Function1.requery in the dependent comboboxes as well and it is working great as well. I appreciate your time and help in this matter. I need to have more practice in my Access skills so that I can get better at this.

Regards,

Haleakala17

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.