stecco is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Send email using SendObject instruction

I know Access, but not Visual Basic. I have used SendObject instruction to send different e-mails (for example an invoice) to different email address stored in a table of Access (2003). But I had 3 problems:
    1) how to send the text of the message (not the snp attached file) longer then 256 characters (it is cutted if longer)
    2) how to jump the question (when is creating the email for Outlook) "A program is trying to automatically send an e-mail. Do you agree?".

3) if is possible to send the PDF file instead of a .snp

Thanks for any help.

Ryan is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2003

Post SNP to PDF

Well, I dug around and found your going to have to use third party software to convert the SNP to PDF. Ofcourse theres Adobe Distiller, and I found another one GsLantern EASY! , Both which can change SNP to PDF.

Though Access has no relation to PDF, so third party is the way your looking.

stecco is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Thank you very much for the two entries. Now the problem is WHEN convert it. As wrote, I use SendObject; means, in the same instruction, insert a report and send it. I should, before the e-mails are sent, open, convert and save the attached snp file. If it is one, yes; but if the program has created, for example, 100 e-mails, of course it can't be a solution.

Ryan is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2003

Unfortunately, the SendObject command is limited to:

objects in Microsoft Excel (*.xls), MS-DOS text (*.txt), rich-text (*.rtf), or HTML (*.html) format

Knowing this, For Access 2003 it would have to be one of the above to send with that command.

Further Reading I find Access 2007, Does have some support for PDF. Just not earlier versions.

This is what I find about Access 2007:
    Output FormatThe type of format you want used for the included object. The list of formats you can select from will change depending on what you select for the Object Type argument. Available formats may include Excel 97 - Excel 2003 Workbook (*.xls), Excel Binary Workbook (*.xlsb), Excel Workbook (*.xlsx), HTML (*.htm, *.html), Microsoft Excel 5.0/95 Workbook (*.xls), PDF Format, Rich Text Fomat (*.rtf), Text Files (*.txt), or XPS Format (*.xps). in the Output Format box. Modules can be sent only in text format. Data access pages can only be sent in HTML format. If you leave this argument blank, Access prompts you for the output format. Note You can export to a PDF or XPS format file from Office Access 2007 only after you install the add-in. For more information, see Enable support for other file formats, such as PDF and XPS.

And 2007 has a microsoft link for Enabling support.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...675271033.aspx

Best of luck

stecco is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Thumbs up

Thank you Ryan for you help.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.