Haleakala17 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Unhappy Creating Multiple Combo Boxes in Form to Select and Update Information in Table

All,

I am requesting if someone could assist me in making my multiple combo boxes work in form name Mainfrm. The combo box name function1 is working fine, however the other combox activity1 is not working at all. Please view PDF file to read more of my request. I tried my best to make my instructions clear and I had got some print screen images of my form interface and the where my data is stored in. In the compress folder is the PDF instructions and the Access database mdb version.

Thank you for your time and I will be waiting for your reply.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Change the RowSource for Activity1 to:
    SELECT Activity FROM Funct_Act WHERE Function=[function1] ORDER BY Activity;

Then need code in some event to requery the combobox. Try the GotFocus event of Activity1. Do you want to use Embedded Macro or Event Procedure? If you need a better understanding of programming, start with review of http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...010341717.aspx
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

June 7,

Thanks for the the advice, it worked awesome!! FYI - Instead of using the GotFocus event, I used the Me.refresh in the Event Procedure in the After update section.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    The only problem with AfterUpdate is the combobox won't requery/refresh if you navigate to another existing record. That is why I suggested the GotFocus event of Activity1.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

June7,

I tried researching this morning for a macro or VB sript to enter in the GotFocus event that will requery/refresh when I go to the next record, but I was unsuccessful. Do you have any suggestions or examples of a VB Script or Macro that I can enter in the GotFocus area?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.