AndreasPanayiotou is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Report - Expression Builder

Hello ,
    i have posted a couple of days ago for some other issues but i have ( eventually ) solve it .

After many thoughts as i cant automaticly make a query in the same table to calculate the remaining annual leave , as the SUM function that i need i am already using it for other fields in the query and that querys now is a report that automaticly calculate the employee names , and the sum of their leave types that they have .
    A thought that came on my mind is to calcualte the remaining annual leave via the expression builder.
    Therefore i did it and it works correctly BUT , as i havent been experiment much of my time to expression builder i have a small issue ( i hope ) .
    I ve made a new textfield and have control source the following: =[Licenses]-([Annual]+[Personal])
    Licenses is the initial License that each employe has.
    Annual is the SUM of the annual leave that employee has.
    Personal is the SUM of the annual leave that employee has.
    Some employees have only annual licenses and not (still) any personal
    The specific expressions calculates ONLY the employee that has Annual AND Personal .
    So i want to modify to calculate Annual OR Personal and i need both calculation to be together, not, license - annual OR license - Personal .
    Another thing that i should mention is that the fields and specificaly the employees that they do not have any Personal annual leave , their field is NULL and not a zero 0 , i hope thats not the problem .
    Thats all

Apparently after some more research in depth about the null values, I found out that indeed null values were the problem and here how I confront it:
    =[Licenses]-(Nz([Annual])+Nz([Personal]))
    Is working great!

bursteffect is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    i have a question, not sure if im asking it right but ill give it a shot. using access 2010 i created a form, and in my for is checkboxes. which is used to enable/disable fields which is working great, but know i have a new problem. well im trying to create a report based on that form, well when i run the report the fields that i unchecked in the form which is disabled . shows up on the report. i want to be able to disable a field on the form that will not show up on the report. ( example) the field "operations: is checked in the form, which means i want that particular field to show up on my report. but the field "transportation" is unchecked and i do not want it to show up on my report. please if you would help me figure this out..

Hello bursteffect ,
    first of all i should mention that you should open a new thread and post your issue as i am not an "expert" on the forum here .
    I am not sure if i understand well your issue but i think i know whats the "problem" here.
    When you made your form and your checkboxes , you've made also a report that is based on your form .
    You should know that creating a report based on a form that does not indicate that you will have the functions/code/macro that you have on your form established on the report .
    Report is a whole new form or entity and you need to implement you functions there also .
    I am not very familiar with checkboxes as i rarely using them .
    If you could give a better explanation and more details about what is your form doing it would be good .

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.