g=2012 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Macro for visible field in subform

Hello,

I have a problem.

I have created a form with a subform.

When opening the main form I would like to create a macro that is able to set the property visible/not visible for a certain field if a certain condition on another field is satisfied. I Have Office 2010 and with the macro editor I'm not able to make it work.Can you help me out writing the text as in the macro editor?

Here below the example:

Main form name: FORM_1
    Subform name: SUBFORM_2

Subform field: FIELD_ABC
    Subform field: FIELD_123
    Subform field: FIELD_CHECK

Opening the form FORM_1, the macro must show the field FIELD_ABC and hide the field FIELD_123 only if FIELD_CHECK is equal to "TEXT OK" ...and the macro must hide the field FIELD_ABC and show the field FIELD_123 only if the field FIELD_CHECK is equal to "TEXT WRONG".

Ps: I would like to use the same macro on a report.

Thank you!!!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Is record allowed to have a value in only one of these two fields? Why two fields and not just one?

Is the subform in Continuous or Datasheet view? Code to set textbox Visible or Enabled property will affect all instances of the textbox. Check into textbox Conditional Formatting. It allows conditional disabling of control, however, the control will still be visible.

I think in report would be better to use expression in textbox ControlSource:
    =IIf([FIELD_CHECK]=True,[FIELD_ABC],[FIELD_123])
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

g=2012 is offline Novice
    The subform is CONTINUOUS.
    The value will be inputed in the correct field (the one that is visible depending on the condition of the MACRO).

Can you explain better what do you mean by saying " Code to set textbox Visible or Enabled property will affect all instances of the textbox. Check into textbox Conditional Formatting. It allows conditional disabling of control, however, the control will still be visible."
    What do I have to do?

Thank you very much,

Giorgio

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Is record allowed to have a value in only one of these two fields? Why two fields and not just one?

Is the subform in Continuous or Datasheet view? Code to set textbox Visible or Enabled property will affect all instances of the textbox. Check into textbox Conditional Formatting. It allows conditional disabling of control, however, the control will still be visible.

I think in report would be better to use expression in textbox ControlSource:
    =IIf([FIELD_CHECK]=True,[FIELD_ABC],[FIELD_123])

June7 is online now VIP
    Still didn't explain why there are two fields. If record is allowed to have data in only one, then why not just one field?

Conditional Formatting for textboxes in forms or reports: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr.../gg508986.aspx
    The Enable/Disable setting is the little rectangle next to the font color dropdown.

This is the Access2007 Conditional Formatting manager:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...010208133.aspx
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

g=2012 is offline Novice
    There are 2 fields because one is NUMBER format, the other one is TEXT format.

June7 is online now VIP
    What does the number field data indicate? Is it really a number entity (used in computations) or an identifier composed of digits?

g=2012 is offline Novice
    it is a number entity used in computation. Can you please explain step by step how to proceed for the visible/non visible condition?

thank you,

Giorgio

June7 is online now VIP
    I am suggesting you try Conditional Formatting on the textbox. The linked articles give step-by-step guidelines on how to use this Access feature. I am not going to repeat them. However, can use Design View instead of Layout View.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.