Hi, I have an Access Database that is used by the team I work with. Currently there are about 14 people who all have a copy of the Database (a .mde file) on their PC. I have set up a Shortcut on everyone's Desktop, and the .mde file is stored in the same location for everyone. Security has also been applied to the database, and the security file (.mdw) is saved on a Shared Drive. The shortcut path on the whole team's desktop is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office11\MSACCESS.EXE" "C:\Users\UserName\My Documents\CityHousingDatabase.mde" /wrkgrp "R:\Databases\MyWid.mdw"

Now, my manager wants to put a link on the Intranet where everyone can click it, and it opens the .mde file stored on their PC.

I figured that if I moved the .mde file directly onto C:\ and then copied the rest of what was in the shortcut path so that the new path was:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office11\MSACCESS.EXE" "C:\CityHousingDatabase.mde" /wrkgrp "R:\Databases\MyWid.mdw"

that I'd be able to create a hyperlink and link to it, but that didn't work ("Cannot open the specified file") Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Kirsti