snoopy is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Start a from with restore

Hi there,

There is a from, which is opening within menu of another form. The specific form should be opened as restore format. Unfortunately with common vba-code its putting back the main form from maximum to restore (see attached code)

DoCmd.Restore

What should I do, when I want to put just one form into restore format? Hopefully you understand what I want to do.

Thanks for any help in this case

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Far as I know, the Maximize or Minimize state affects all objects. Can't have one minimized or maximized and others the opposite.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Unfortunately I know, that these functions just affect all objects. Actually it has to be possible. VBA is object (form,report, blablba) related. So there must be a function, which just call one specific object. In my case a specific form.

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    Actually, June7 was correct, prior to Version2007! But as of 2007, that changed. I was surprised to find this out, just now, as it hasn't been advertised anywhere as a new feature!

In 2007/2010, with the Document Window Options for the Current Databse set to Tabbed, all Forms are opened Maximized.

To change this, click on the Office Button (large button, top-left) then click on Access Options, go to Current Database, then change Document Window Options to Overlapping. You have to Close then Re-open the DB for this to take effect.

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

June7 is online now VIP
    I use Access 2007/2010 and always use Overlapping Windows. My experience has been if I maximize/minimize one window, all windows follow suit. I once experimented with code to control this and observed the same behavior. But I was testing the Maximize and Minimize methods, was not aware of Restore. It's actually not important to me so did not pursue.

Don't really understand your situation and what you want to accomplish.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Hi there,

first thanks for your response. Actually I maintaining a multi-user database. I know its not really cool in terms of Access. At the end I will take effect on just one form. I don't believe that there is not a marker to point just one form.

June7 is online now VIP
    In my experimentation, I arrived at the conclusion that Maximize/Minimize was a project setting affecting all objects. If you discover otherwise, let us know.

No you are partly wrong, because we are talking about a kind of programming language. So you could modify every aspect of your programm, database, blabla. Since I am new to VBA, I don't know a expression, which controls my command (Docmd), that this just takes effect on just one specific form, the current one.

June7 is online now VIP
    My point is, doesn't matter if maximize/minimize is set manually or with code, the observed behavior is the same. I could not get the maximize/minimize to affect only one object.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.