Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    6. You don't have to 'rerun' the query, just opening the report does that.

7. If you allow employees in multiple depts and you want the graph by dept, then both crosstabs must include Dept as a RowHeader. Then the crosstabs must be joined on both the StaffName and Dept fields.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

cc143most is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    6. When I open the detail report, you're right. The data is automatically updated for the dates entered on the form. However, when I open the chart report, it is not. Maybe because I have to have my query build a table?

7. I can't believe I missed this one. So basic. Thank you!

I have tried studying the VBA listed in the forum for emailing. It makes my head swim! For now, my friend will have to manually do the emailing. I am going to get a book on VBA, start from scratch, and see if I can't conquer this thing! She is happy with the db as is, I want to make it better and easier for her. One baby step at a time!

Thank you for everything!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    6. Yes. You would have to do the 'Run Update Query' every time criteria is changed in order to modify the table. This is why I was trying to make Final_Qry work as the chart RowSource. So instead of a separate button to run code to rebuild the table, include that code in the Run Report procedure.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.