superjeff is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Button on Main Form to change records of all subforms in sync

I have a main form and four subforms all of which were created from the tables without queries. The main form pulls employees personal data (never changes). The subforms pull Events attended, Lodging at the event, Family that attended the event and Employee minutia which changes per event. I'd like to have a button on the main form that changes the records in view for all of the subforms at once. This way it is easier for the users and I know that I am view all the pertainent info for event A instead of viewing event A's lodging info with event B's family info.

I truely appreciate any direction and your time.
    Respectfully,
    Jeff

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Have you properly used the LinkMaster/ChildFields properties of each SubFormControl? If so, then each SubForm should display the information for the MainForm employee displayed.

superjeff is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Thank you for the hasty response. I have added an Event ID unique (duplicates allowed) field to the main form and added the same to the event table and it works for that subform great BUT I have to figure out how to relate the Lodging, the Employee and the Family forms to know which record I want to view without having to manually add the Event ID to each record. I'm working on a junction query now. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you again for responding,
    Jeff

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I would have thought you would have already defined the relationship each table has with the others. It sounds like you have several 1:m relationships which requires the 1 side PrimaryKey (hopefully an AutoNumber) appear in each record of the many side table in a ForeignKey field. If that is not how you have your tables designed then you might as well make the changes now or you will forever be struggling with this design.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.