kabies1983 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Need Help in Microsoft Access, Open empty fields in Access

I need help in producing my Microsoft Access database. What can do when I click the enter button in my switchboard form, its will automatically open the "Nama Rakan Sekerja" field that is empty. Please refer to the picture shown below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Need Help.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	8907

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    What do you mean by 'open' a field? A textbox that is not locked is already 'open' and available for data entry. Do you actually mean you want focus set on that textbox when the form opens? Easiest method is to set TabOrder property.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007

Good day to you

I mean when users click enter button in the switchboard form its will automatically lead to the form that have empty field. In my case its will lead to the "Nama Rakan Sekerja" field that is empty. The others field "No Blok", "No Kotak Dokumen" and "No Kotak Pendaftaran" will automatically gain the data from the table. The users then will fill the empty field (Nama Rakan Sekerja).

In my current situation, when users clicks the enter button, its will go to the first records. If possible I want its directly go the "Nama Rakan Sekerja" field that is empty. Then the user will fill the field by themself.

By the way, how to set TabOrder property as you mention earlier.

Thank you

June7 is online now VIP
    TabOrder is a property of controls, on the Other tab of Properties dialog.

You want switchboard to open form Kawalan to a new record and populate first 3 fields OR open to an existing record?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Switchboard will open form Kawalan. When form Kawalan open, its will open the existing records that have empty fields (in my case, the empty field will be Nama Rakan Sekerja field). Then the users can fill up the empty field by themselves and save. And then, its will go to next records where 'No Blok', 'No Kotak Dokumen ' and 'No Kotak Pendaftaran' is a running data. Only field Nama Rakan Sekerja is empty and need to be fill by Users.

If ok to you I can email the database so that you can check the database for further understanding.

June7 is online now VIP
    You can attach db to post. Follow instructions at bottom of my post.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Hi there,
    This is my current situation;

When I click enter at Switchboard. its will go to the Kawalan Form 1st records.

What I'm tring to do;

When I click enter at Switchboard. Kawalan form that have empty records at Staff's Name field will appear 1st.

I have attached the DB files for your reference.

Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Try:

1. Set the Kawalan form OrderBy property to: [Kawalan].[Nama Rakan Sekerja], [Kawalan].[No Blok]

2. Set the OrderByOnLoad property to Yes

BTW, your uploaded file was 4mb. I ran Compact & Repair and reduced the size to 588kb. Always a good idea to run C&R before uploading files.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Waaa..its a good solution..Thank you..thank you...But I'm noticed that records that has been updated is at the end of the records. Can its maintain on its position. Lets say records no.5 is the starting of Nama Rakan Sekerja empty fields. So when I enter from switchboard its will go to records no.5. From records no.5 I can go to the previous updated records (by click the previous button) and its will go to the records no.4 and so on.

June7 is online now VIP
    Not without a lot more VBA code.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Where can I have the code please . Anyone here code master? Please do guide me.

June7 is online now VIP
    Too complicated. I am not going to put effort into it. You will have to figure it out or hope someone else offers to.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.