Main form linking 3 subforms via command buttons...

Alright I give up. I searched the forums and read up but still not grasping it. I know I've done something like this before but my brain must be dead today.

So I have 4 important tables. I have a main one and 3 tables that have records related to the main one. They're all the "many" sides of the one to many relationship with the main table. Outline is below:

Main Table:
    EMP_ID (Primary key)
    ...and other fields

Employment Table:
    HIRE_ID (Primary key)
    EMP_ID (for relationship)
    ...and other fields

Insurance Table:
    INS_ID (Primary key)
    ...and other fields

Skill Table:
    SKILL_ID (Primary key)
    ...and other fields

So basically what I'm looking for is to have a main form pop up that has the Main table information (employee info). Then on that form I want 3 command buttons, each one going to a new form that relates to the three tables above and is relative to the Main table. Each employee may have several hire/fire listings, insurance listings (if they change their insurance), and skill ratings (updated as they improve). When I have set all my relationships so that the EMP_ID on the Main table has a one to many relationship with all the EMP_IDs on the other tables. When I create the command buttons though and start to populate a record in one of the three "subforms" the EMP_ID is not populating to be the same as the EMP_ID from the main page thus making me unable to create a record because it doesn't recognize a related record.

What the heck am I doing wrong

Why not simply embed all three related forms as subforms in the main form?

Because I really want them separated. With that many subforms it just gets cluttered and to me and the user friendlyness of buttons it makes it easier for the end user. I have to make it simplistic as possible for those who will be using it

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.