VanillaAwesome is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Can you place Multiple Field Names to a Single Index?

search for topic lead to no results. Please let me know if you find any results and explain how you searched so that I might better serve myself in the future.

I am in an access class right not and the question I am trying to answer asks...

Add and Index named Location to the tblGuest table that consists of the StateProv and City fields and uses the default property settings, Delete the PostalCode Index, save then close the table.

I have looked up all info in the text reffering to Indexing and cant seem to come to a conclusion of the way to complete the underlined area area. For the class they provide you with the files and in this particular file the primekey is Guest ID with a field value of GuestID. There are two other Indexes PostalCode with field value PostalCode and GuestID with field value of GuestID.

If you require any additional info let me know. The assignment exceeds the forums attachment size limit or I would just give you a copy to look at. Also, Is there a better way to delete and index? I have been just deleting the index name but it just leave it blank with the field value still present...

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Google: Access 2010 table index
    I have never set up compound indexes but maybe this will help: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...010341594.aspx
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

VanillaAwesome is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    So that worked great. Turns out if I would have changed my phrasing in google i probably would have found the same results.

It turns out that if you simply create an Index and then add a row beneath it you have begun making a multiple field index. You DO NOT put in your index name again as it is only required it goes in the first row of the intended index. Then up to ten rows can be left blank and sorted only by their Field Values.

Pretty easy...

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.