devander is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Multi-Item Form, VBA editing on Load?

I hope I can get some help here. I have a Multi-Item form and would like to do some math and change formatting on some fields depending on content of data in each row. From what I can tell, the on Load even only lets you do something with the first row and does not execute the VBA code for any following row. I don't see any way to trigger the VBA code on a row-by-row basis as the form is being painted.
    Does anyone have a technique to do this or do I have to go to some other form type to do some dynamic formatting? Thanks for any help...

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Not sure what you mean by 'multi-item' form.

Perhaps Conditional Formatting will serve your needs. What formatting do you want to change? Maybe a report would be better output vehicle. Code can influence formatting of controls on each 'row' as the report renders.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

devander is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    When desiging/creating a form, one option in Access 2010 (and I assume 2007 too) is: Create/More Forms (drop-down)/Multiple Items. Most of my applications have a parent with many children (the multiple items). I do in fact use conditional formatting a lot, that being said, in this form I also need to do sosme conditional math to some displayed fields. I do have a work-around, but it is messy and involves some table redesign, which I'd like to avoid. Thanks for any insight...

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    The Multiple Items option is available in 2007, now that you point it out I see it right on the ribbon, not even on the dropdown. It is just a wizard that builds a Continuous View form. I seldom use the design wizards so never noticed it before. The result is just a form that displays records continuously. It is not a parent/child arrangement as would be found with a form/subform design.

Since I don't know your data I can't make any suggestions for the conditional calcs you need.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.