Jackfam58 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Choosing Multiples in a form

I have two queries, qry_products and qry_orders. In a form I have products.proddescript in a listbox. I also have orders.orderdescript in a listbox. I chose multi-select = simple to highlight multiples in both listboxes. Now I want to use cmdShow and pull up the highlighted information in an access report called rptShow.

1. Will I have to address the multi-select on the query side through parameters?
    2. Is there a simple macro or module that can allow me to accomplish this multi-select and view results in an access report (preferred since I can attach it to the cmdShow btn

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    I have two queries, qry_products and qry_orders. In a form I have products.proddescript in a listbox. I also have orders.orderdescript in a listbox. I chose multi-select = simple to highlight multiples in both listboxes. Now I want to use cmdShow and pull up the highlighted information in an access report called rptShow.
    So the two list boxes are based on the two queries you mention. Do you have primary key values associated with each item in the 2 list boxes as well?

Since both list boxes are multi-select, I assume that means that each order will have the same selected products and similarly each product will be related to each order, correct?

A report can only be based on a table or query, so you will have to store the selections made in the two list boxes in a table and you would base your report on that table or a query that includes that table.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.