progamer is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Question Detail Section Keeps Repeating values

Hi There,

I have created a report which has a union query as its record source and the two tables used in union query has no relationship and there can be none. I have used SUM() and Count() functions in many of the text-boxes in my report to extract information from union query. But these text-boxes and everything I designed in report(Detail Section) keeps repeating till 1045 which is the number of records I have in my union query and I don't want this to happen, it should appear only once not more. Can anyone guide me for how to make the information on my report appear only once?

Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Maybe put the textboxes with those calcs in the report header or footer.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I tried that but didn't work the data does not even show up in the textbox instead I get all these pound sing. Any other way?

June7 is offline VIP
    The pound sign usually means the number has too many digits for the textbox to display. Make the box wider.

If you want to attach your db to a post, I will analyze. Follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I have attached the database and in "Union Report" you can see that it keeps on repeating and If I move it to header or footer then I get "#Error" inside the textboxes.testbase.zip

June7 is offline VIP
    When you said you 'get all these pound sing' I thought you meant there was nothing but # signs but that is not the case. You get a #Error message in the textbox.

Since you are NOT showing any detail data, just summary info, put all the controls in the Report header section. If you do want detail info (the individual student records that contribute to the summary totals) to show, then need controls in Detail section bound to fields of the report RecordSource.

Solved! you had mentioned "Report Header" and I had my controls on "Page Header" but reading "Report Header" here, I though that it is "Page Header" but on right click on my report I saw option for Report Header and when I checked it I got my Report Header and Footer and when I moved the controls there, I still had white-space in detail section repeating it-self, only white-space, for which I moved Report Footer up and there was no area for detail section after which the white space stopped repeating and the report summary looks great.

Thanks June 7!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.