Product 2

Product 3

Product 4

Product 5

Product 6

Product 7

JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2007
    What are you using for your determination of what is the "last" record?
    Note that in Access, the relative position of a record in comparison to other records really has very little meaning (it is much different than Excel this way).
    In Access, when you refer to the last record, it usually means in reference to some other field (i.e. "latest date", "highest id number", etc.).

If you want "last" mean the "latest entry added", you can add an AutoNumber field to your table, which begins at 1 and keeps incrementing every time a new record is added. Then this would give you a field which you could use to determine what the "last" record is (by taking the record with the Max Autonumber ID value).

clue74 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
    What are you using for your determination of what is the "last" record?
    Note that in Access, the relative position of a record in comparison to other records really has very little meaning (it is much different than Excel this way).
    In Access, when you refer to the last record, it usually means in reference to some other field (i.e. "latest date", "highest id number", etc.).

If you want "last" mean the "latest entry added", you can add an AutoNumber field to your table, which begins at 1 and keeps incrementing every time a new record is added. Then this would give you a field which you could use to determine what the "last" record is (by taking the record with the Max Autonumber ID value).
    It would be the last entry added...How would you go about telling the form this information? I also need it to identify the 'last entry' by product code. So when the user is inputting into the form by date and product code, I would like the form to populate the start weight with the end weight for the last record added for the product code identified on the form. Thanks.

JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I am not sure I follow exactly how you are trying to use this, but maybe these comments will help. If not, maybe you could walk throw an example or two based on the data sample your provided.

You would base your form on an Aggregate Query that selected the "Max" or "Last" record using the methods I described in my previous post.
    Likewise, you may be able to use the DMAX or DLOOKUP functions.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.