Hi All,

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this. I have been working with access databases for the past 15 years and about 3-4 years ago I did a large database project for numerous police department in my state. The database was a split database and received alot of updates over the years. It got to a point where download and relinking the split database would takes hours due to the number of machines. So, I developed a .Net application that will do this for me. From the end-user standpoint instead of running the .mdb file, they run my .exe file which first goes and checks to see if an update is needed, if so then download, relink and then start the access database.

This has worked great for the past two years so I went back and recreated it so that it would be universal so that anyone can use this with their own access database. It basically consists of a configuration application where you set certain parameters (such as where the front-end is located, where the back-end is located, etc..) It then creates a .zip file that you will then unzip on your client's machine in the directory where the front-end .mdb file is. Create a shortcut to the adl.exe file and you are all set.

This works on both a local network and clients outside of your network (you would use a web host to hold your latest front-end that adl would download and then relink to the client's backend).

So, I need your help in testing it, helping me make it better. I am willing to give out free keys so that you can use it beyond the 7 day trial limitation. If you are interseted please reply here. The application is named 'Access Database Linker' and I have it here: http://download.cnet.com/Access-Data...ml?tag=mncol;6