TriAdX is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Newb- Trying to use images and such.

So heres the basic idea.

I am trying to use access to create some template for cards I need to print out. Like Baseball cards or Pokemon cards.

I have a spreadsheet of 100's of lines that each represent a different card.

I have an access DB file set up already and I am using forms to print 9 cards per page. My problem is that it's all using Access formatting and stuff. But i do have it changing colors and font size and stuff based on my data.. now I jsut want to take it a step further.

I want to be able to use images, like a background template i create (i would have a few different templates and they would be called based on a cell in the row that says which template to use.

I would also like if there was a way to have inline data be represented as an image... for example. If I had some text that in my database said:

Use (3) of the (BLU) energy.

it would display showing a graphic for the (3) and the (BLU) instead of text.

I want to be able to print out the cards in sheets of 9 (not 1 card per sheet... that would be a MAGOR waste of paper)

I can send my DB file and sample sheet if anyone wants to see what I already have. I am sure I set it up all wrong.. but it was working for what i needed at the time.

Any help in the right direction would be good.

TriAdX(at)aol.com

TriAdX is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    and FYI I was able to get images to work in one of the methods... either forms or reports (i cant rememer) but they wouldnt print when i tried to print the forms.

TriAdX is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    My main concern is that when I have something display based on VB script.. it doesnt show display when I try to print.

Any help PLEASE?!

TriAdX is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    ok..

so I got my Reports displaying correctly (for the most part)

when i go to print preview I have 3 colums set and it ends up in 3 rows..

so I have 9 "cards" displaying on one page.. This is great!

The problem is that when i go to the next page and it loads the data, each of the 9 background images load (import) and I notice my MSACCESS.EXE in my Task Manager starts eating memory (about 70-100MB per page). Once i've loaded about 5-6 pages (for print or preview) it errors and says "Run-time Error '2220'; MS Access can't open the file '(my image path)'

Why are my images causing access to just fill up on memory? Is there any way to fix this?

My images(jpegs) are about 100k-200k (they need to be high quality for print) each max.

Please help with this as I have about 30 pages (of 9 "cards") to print.

I am using the below VBA code to generate the images from my path field:

Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
    If Len(Me.TemplatePath) > 0 Then
    Me.Template.Picture = Me.TemplatePath
    End If
    End Sub

I am also still looking for a way to take text from a cell and have "keywords" display as an image. EX:

Textbox:

"Be sure to use the one with the {image here} symbol first."

please help.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.