Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    cdell7up is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Thanks you have been quite helpful.

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    You're welcome. Good luck with your database.

I have created a switchboard form that has a button that goes straight to my frmRev. How can I make it so once the form is opened it defaults to a new blank record?

also how can I make it so a reveiwer cannot access form view?

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    The command behind the button would look like this, the acFormAdd opens to form to add a new record.

DoCmd.OpenForm "formnamehere", acNormal, , , acFormAdd, acNormal

also how can I make it so a reveiwer cannot access form view?
    Did you mean design view of the form?

If so, typically you would hide the entire navigation pane (file-->options-->current database-->Navigation (uncheck the box)). Once you have made the change, you can by-pass it by holding the shift key down while opening the database.

I started testing the database today, we are still getting the ""The Microsoft Access Database Engine cannot find a record in the table "QuesTbl" with the key matching field(s) 'QuesNum'. I get this when I go past the last record" error, but if we place the cursor in any field on the subform, it will work ok. Any ideas on how to handle this?

I have been trying to find out how to get the date field to default to "TODAY", need help on that too.

I need to change the labels on the frmRev to be more informative, for example the Cntrk_Num needs to say "Enter Contract Number". Should just change the label, (and how will this impact the previous records), or should I change the caption on the property sheet?

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    I get this when I go past the last record"
    Do you mean the after the last record of the subform? Did you put in a question #?

I have been trying to find out how to get the date field to default to "TODAY", need help on that too.
    Set the default property of the control on the form to now() or date()

I need to change the labels on the frmRev to be more informative, for example the Cntrk_Num needs to say "Enter Contract Number". Should just change the label, (and how will this impact the previous records), or should I change the caption on the property sheet?
    Changing the label text is the same as changing the caption of a label

Ok, the error comes when the add questions to this reviewer is pressed, and the cursor is not focused somewhere on the subform. Once you put the cursor in the subform it works great, but end-users will not pick up on this. So I am thinking if I can get the cursor to somehow be placed in the fkResponseID field directly after the add questions to the this viewer button is pressed that should fix it, maybe?

One feature that has been asked for is, the ability to somehow hide the comments field on the frmRev, and place a button the will make the Rev_comments field appear only if the reviewer chooses to make a comment, otherwise the Rev_comments field is not visible on the form. Any ideas?

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    So I am thinking if I can get the cursor to somehow be placed in the fkResponseID field directly after the add questions to the this viewer button is pressed that should fix it, maybe?
    You should be able to add a line of code to the code behind the button to set focus to the subform
    me.subformname.setfocus

One feature that has been asked for is, the ability to somehow hide the comments field on the frmRev, and place a button the will make the Rev_comments field appear only if the reviewer chooses to make a comment, otherwise the Rev_comments field is not visible on the form. Any ideas?
    In the on current event of the form change the control's visible property to false

me.rev_comments.visible = false

Then add a button to your form that when clicked (on click event) to change the visible property to true

me.rev_comments.visible=true

Need help with creating a report

Quote Originally Posted by jzwp11 View Post
    You should be able to add a line of code to the code behind the button to set focus to the subform
    me.subformname.setfocus

In the on current event of the form change the control's visible property to false

me.rev_comments.visible = false

Then add a button to your form that when clicked (on click event) to change the visible property to true

me.rev_comments.visible=true

I want to create a report that would let me print out the results of what the reveiwer inputed in the FrmRev. It would just be everything that shows in the form.

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    I want to create a report that would let me print out the results of what the reveiwer inputed in the FrmRev. It would just be everything that shows in the form.
    You would first create a report based on a query that includes the same tables that make up the main form and subforms. You would then add a command button to your main form to print that report. You would pass the key field value of the current record (record_ID) to the command such that the report is filtered to just that record as it opens/prints.

That command would look something like this:

DoCmd.OpenReport "rptRev",acViewPreview, , "record_ID=" & Me.Record_ID

The me.record_ID refers to the control on the form while the record_ID= refers to the field name in the report's underlying record source.

You will have to substitute your actual report name in place of the one I used (rptRev); the report name has to be enclosed in quotes.

The acViewPreview will display the report in print preview mode. If you want to print it directly use acViewNormal instead of the acViewPreview.

I am getting a run-time error '3075'; Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'record_ID=".

figured out problem with the error. I need a way to return to the place of departure after a reviewer would go to this report.

I also need another report that shows the "no's" that the current reviewer entered in the response field. it would also need a way to return to the place of departure.

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    I need a way to return to the place of departure after a reviewer would go to this report.
    I'm not sure what you mean. After the user closes the report view, they should see the form as it was when they clicked the button.

As to the second report, you can include a similar docmd in the code to open the second report. Again, you would create the query and base the report on that query and use the record_ID to do the filtering

The database is working pretty good, except I have fix the problem of when a reveiwer goes past the last question. Once he or she passes the last question they become frustrated with the message "The microsoft access database cannot find a record in the table'QuesTbl' with key matching fields 'QuesNum'". I need something to avoid this. Is it possible to make it so a person cannot go past the last populated field. Any ideas on this?

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    You could disable the ability to add new records to the subform by opening the subform in design view and then go to the property sheet-->Data tab-->Allow Additions and set that property to No

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.