Kivan is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Copying data

The idea is to create database with investors, projects and history of contacts. Project is for example “charity”. So I have table with investors, another one with projects, and last one with history of contacts. The relationships look this way : (is it proper?)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Relation.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	8401

The problem: I open a new project “charity2”. Now I want to assign all investors with capital more than 5000 to the project. How to do this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Relation.png  

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Sounds like you have Projects and People. Some People invest in some Projects, but not all People invest in every Project. So you
    have Investors and non Investors.
    You mention investors with capital more than 5000 so you have to have a way to identify the amount of capital for each Investor/potential investor.
    What exactly does Contact mean? You may want to research Junction Tables and many-to-many relationships.

I think you need to clearly identify what you are trying to accomplish.
    Also, I would recommend that you choose a naming convention that does NOT allow spaces or special characters in field and object names.

Kivan is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Thanks for your reply orange.
    Tables which I have sent there are not finished yet, its just a very basic project. What exactly am I trying to do. For example. We open a new project "charity 2". Now we want to assign investors to this project (that's the problem). When it will be done, we will get in touch with those investors. And we need to have full contact history with each of them, without it we lose so many informations.
    A regular user of this database will have form with button "New project". After he click on it, he should be able to create new project and automatically assign investors to the project in terms of chosen criteria (like "capital"). So the assigning the investors to the project is a problem and I'm looking a solution for this.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    How can you just assign Investors to a Project? What if that Investor doesn't want to invest in that Project?
    I suggest you write a paragraph or two describing exactly what you are doing. This will help clarify things in your mind, and will provide information to others on this forum to understand your situation.

I don't think you have the appropriate data model for your "database", but I don't know your details.

Have you tried to define each of the things you are dealing with? (it's a very worthwhile exercise)

Here's a method for designing a dartabase (there are many others)
    http://www.databaseanswers.org/approach2db_design.htm

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.