uaguy3005 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Opening a form from another with pre-populated data

I have a corrective action / issue reporting database. The intention is for the user to enter an issue from the frmCustIssueEntry form then click a button on that form to open a frmCorrectiveActions and populate the data from the frmCustIssueEntry form on the frmCorrectiveActions. I've attached the database so you can see. Any suggestions would be appreciated. There are 3 tables (tblCommodityDesc - Commodity Details, tblIssueDesc - Issue Details, tblCorrectiveActions - Corrective Action Details),.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Can you attach a copy in A2003 mdb format.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I don't understand table relationships. The Relationships builder shows a circular arrangement that doesn't make sense to me. Describe the data/work flow process.

Is this close:

A customer Issue is recorded in tblIssueDesc.
    Record from tblCommodityDetails is associated with the issue. Each Issue can have one CommodityDetails but each CommodityDetail can be associated with many Issues? If so, I think you have the pk/fk backwards. Save tblCommodityDetails pk as fk in tblIssueDesc.
    Each Issue will have one associated record in tblCorrective Actions? Every Issue will always have a Corrective Action? If both true this could be one table.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Close - A customer issue is recorded in tblIssueDesc. The part associated with that issue is recorded in tblCommodityDetails. In realaity, tblIssueDesc and tblCommodityDesc should have a many to many relationshiop. (Each commodity can have multiple issues AND each issue can happen on multiple commodities) However, I was trying to set it up where each issue can happen on multiple commodities. As for tblCorrectiveActions, Not every record in tblIssueDetails will have a record in tblCorrectiveActions. One corrective action should really only apply to 1 issue, but could be associated with many issues. (but could include many commodities).

Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Fitz View Post
    Can you attach a copy in A2003 mdb format.
    2003 format should now be attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.