trumpetman is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Many relationships to one

I am working in Access 2010 and doing a database in the contact web template. I have been provided with a data model chart to show how some of the relationships should be connect (thanks orange). Here is the chart http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_...ment/index.htm . However as I am new I am not sure how I would make the "many to one relationships" work. For example the Contacts to Customer relationship - how would I do this, as I have seen somewhere that I need to turn one of the keys off (think it is the foreign key).

As you might have guesssed I am new to all of this and any help would be great.

Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Don't know what you mean by 'turn one of the keys off'. How would a key be 'turned off'?

Don't understand your confusion. The chart seems quite explicit. Build tables as described.

There can be many contacts for each customer. Allows for customer to be a company, not simply an individual.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

trumpetman is offline Novice
    Hi I was not sure what a keying being turned off meant neither and that was the bit that was confusing me. I am not sure where you locate the foreigh key.

June7 is offline VIP
    Foreign keys are the fields labeled FK and primary keys are fields labeld PK. Not sure what PF means, never seen that.

Primary and foreign keys are fields with common values that allow tables to be joined in queries.

Sounds like you need to get an introductory book on Access and learn about relational database concepts.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.