jwtasu is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Create Database from Word Document

I have a Word document that is nearly identical to the attached MS Word document. I am trying to import the document into records and fields. I'd like to make all of the line items in the index / table of contents be separated as records, i.e.:
    1. Introduction to Mopping the Floor (1 record with a field/value for 1., Introduction, to, Mopping, the, Floor - so 6 fields/values in the record)
    1.1. the mop (1 record with a relationship to the first one by the 1st fields matching "1." and "1." with the 2nd field in this record being the second "1." and then "the" and "mop" being separate fields)

This would enable me to publish the document with tags enabling searches and such. I would like to be able to create future forms, reports, and web media that would be able to call this document and link it to other data in Access.

Without going in there and manually adjusting Excel Workbook and then manually adding each table separated by chapter (I guess?) from Excel to Access, I am not sure even where to start?
    Delimitters and such seem a bit ackward for the formatting of the attached word .doc, but it could be my time of separation from good ol' Excel.
    Any input on starting points or conversion tips/software would be great. A script of some sort to help me create my own import means would be awesome too.
    Thanks,
    JT
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I doubt what you want is possible. I think you have some hours of data entry (with copy/paste) ahead.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

jwtasu is offline Novice
    My knowledgo of product is limited, but what about using Adobe inDesign to get started?

jwtasu is offline Novice
    Would it be faster to do data entry straight into tables in Access via copy/paste and typed?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I don't know what Adobe in Design is.

Not only easier but quite possibly the only option.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.