rbctemp is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Subtotals in Main Report done through Subreport?

Hi,

I have a main report that displays records (based on a query). Each record is a part of a UNIT. I want to sum and display the revenue values for each unit. My only approach so far has been using another query to group the revenues by unit, putting it into a subreport, and finally embedding the subreport into the main report's report footer. However when I go to run the main report, only one unit is displayed from my subreport; but when I run the subreport on its own, all units are displayed. Can anyone shed some light on this problem? All queries are based on the same database table if that matters.

Someone else had a similar problem, but I'm not sure how they fixed it. (http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...aying-all/8411).

Alternatively, if there is a better approach to this altogether, please share.

Thanks in advance.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Are the Master/Child link properties of the subreport container control set for the UnitID?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

rbctemp is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Are the Master/Child link properties of the subreport container control set for the UnitID?
    Hi June7, thanks for the reply.

Where do I check the master/child link properties?

Thanks!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    A subform/subreport is created by adding a subform/subreport container control. The container has a SourceObject property. The object can be a table, query, form, or report.

Click on the 'subreport' and the container is selected. Should see orange outline. Can view the container properties. Master/Child links are on the Data tab. Click on the 'subreport' again and now the object should be selected and can vew its properties.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.