gm_lowery is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Assistance designing an archiving query

Hello Everyone,

So I have been tasked with creating an archiving query for a custom designed Database that we use at work. This is something that I am relatively new at and thus it is causing me some problems. Basically the program is a scheduling system that tracks series of programs, individual sessions with in those series of programs, and finally participants within those sessions. I basically need to design a query or set of queries queries, that can archive the series and all the session and participant data associated with those series.

Basically I want it to read SeriesID then list the subsequent series info, then SessionID and then list the subsequent session info, and then Participant ID and then the subsequent participant info.

I have been getting ambiguous outer join errors when trying to do this so I would appreciate the help.

Attached is a query screenshot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	archive query update.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	8094
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails archive query.JPG  

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Why would you want to do something so complicated when you already have a status field (SeriesActive) in Series table? Use that criteria to exclude those records and related info from queries.

I expect all the joins are INNER and this could be partly why the query doesn't work. Also possible that can't be done with a single query.

The second query definitely won't work.

Not really understanding your data structure. It looks like a Session can have multiple Series. So registrants go to all series for a session?

Why archive participants? Can't the same participant participate in more than one Session?
    Last edited by June7; 06-14-2012 at 08:07 PM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.