mgoldberg is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Report Population

So I work for a solar company that is moving from strictly commercial installations into the residential area. Previously, I would only need to complete 4-5 proposals a week since commercial solar arrays are much larger and harder to come by. Now that we move into residential, i'm probably going to have to complete 40-50 proposals a week.

Currently, I use a Microsoft Publisher template that I designed and have to manually go in and replace each number that needs to be changed for each individual proposal. Now that I will be increasing my workload almost ten fold, my question is, would a database management program streamline this process? I have been reading a few different books on access, but they still havn't really cleared up if I should be using access or not for this process.

Ideally, what im looking to do is be able to enter in all the variables for the proposal, and have something to automatically populate the proposal document that I would then send to the customer.

-Mike

R_Badger is offline Knows a few tricks
    Windows XP Access 2003
    What you appear to want sound like it within the realms of possibility, but to give a definitive yes/no we would really need to know a little more.

If you do want to go down this route, i would highly suggest reading oranges post here as there's a fair bit to think about before jumping straight in with a database.

Good luck with your new project whichever route you take!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.