Aaron5714 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Error Using "Browse To" Macro Command

In the attached database, if you click the "Report Center" tab at the top of the main navigation form, on the right side of the page there are three links: two of them display reports as a subform on the page, and one of them displays a pivot chart. The "On Click" event for each of these links uses the "BrowseTo" macro command to swap out the default subform on the Report Center form with the desired form or report. If you are not familiar with the BrowseTo command it is described in more detail here.

Here is the problem: when you first click the link "Active Agreements Chart" the pivotchart will load on the page, but if you then click either of the other links (Active Agreements or Expired Agreements) you get an error saying "The command or action 'BrowseTo' isn't available now." This only seems to happen when you try to navigate to one of the other reports from the pivotchart.

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Aaron5714; 06-13-2012 at 07:33 AM.

help_me_with_access is offline help_me_with_excel
    Windows XP Access 2007
    my guess is that your database is corrupt. this is what I saw. maybe not corrupt, but maybe using new features that I can't see with v.07.

I know there are also problems with reverting to v.07 after a simple opening of the file with v.10.

don't have v.10, so I guess I can't help you. my guess is that your navigation effort requires a function of access that's being utilized by the program at the time you're requesting it again. can't tell much more than that!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	err.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	8092

Aaron5714 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by help_me_with_access View Post
    my guess is that your database is corrupt. this is what I saw. maybe not corrupt, but maybe using new features that I can't see with v.07.

I know there are also problems with reverting to v.07 after a simple opening of the file with v.10.

don't have v.10, so I guess I can't help you. my guess is that your navigation effort requires a function of access that's being utilized by the program at the time you're requesting it again. can't tell much more than that!
    Thanks for trying to help. I should have mentioned that the BrowseTo macro action (and the DoCmd.BrowseTo method in VBA) are new features in Access 2010, so unfortunately I don't think anyone with earlier versions will be able to help with this.

If anyone has 2010 and can help troubleshoot this it would be very much appreciated!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.