daved292 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Post Query parameter prompt - Format message

Hi All,

I'm kind of new to this so any input is appreciated. So I'm working with access to create reports from a sharepoint database. When I build a query for a report, I set up a parameter that prompts for input for "Planned Quarter". I set this up by entering the following formula:

Like [Enter Planned Quarter (Select from: 2012 Q1, 2012 Q2, 2012 Q3, 2012 Q4, - Not Scheduled -)] & "*"

As you can see, I wanted to show what the valid options are in the prompt message. When the prompt comes up, it shows this (all in one line):

Enter Planned Quarter (Select from: 2012 Q1, 2012 Q2, 2012 Q3, 2012 Q4, - Not Scheduled -)

However, I wanted to see if there is a way to enter a line break for each of the options so the message comes up like this (each option in a new line in the prompt message):

Enter Planned Quarter

Select From:
    2012 Q1
    2012 Q2
    2012 Q3
    2012 Q4
    - Not Scheduled -

I tried google but I dont think I'm wording my search correctly. If this is possible and if anyone has any idea how to do this it would be greatly appreaciated. It seems so simple but I'm not too familiar with the the expression builder.

Thanks!
    Dave

Robeen is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I've often wished I could tweak the parameter boxes of parameter queries - but I've never been able to. Not sure if it is possible.

I just tried using the ASCII characters for Carriage Return/Line Feed [Chr(10), Chr(13)] . . . doesn't work in the parameter query.

What you're trying to do looks like something I've always seen done in a Combo Box . . . or a List Box . . . on a Form.
    Would doing this ona Form be an option? You could get it looking like you need.

But of course, you lose the quick and easy functionality of the parameter query.

daved292 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Thanks for that info. It really isn't a major problem/concern. The people that are using these reports haven't said anything about it, I just thought it would look better if the message came out that way, so its probably I dont think it's worth creating a form for this since these reports are already built. Thanks for the input!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.