ertweety is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Unhappy Export Data for Distinct Value from Report Header

Hi There,

I'm having a problem with a module I wrote and I am hoping someone can help.

What I am Trying to Achieve - A separate report for each distinct vendor, exported by vendor#. My source data has 3 lines for the same vendor# and therefore produces a separate report for each line of data. The reports are identical. How do I just export one report for each Vendor#?

My report is based on a table called 'MT_SC_S15_FINAL_TABLE'. It is being grouped by the VENDOR#.

I have another table with is called 'EDISPATCH_TOWERS'. This table has a list of all my Vendor #'s. Actually both tables include the Vendor #.

Now this is the code I have written....
    Code:
    Option Compare Database
    Function exp()
    Dim rsDat As Recordset
    Set rsDat = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("Select [VENDOR#] From [EDISPATCH_TOWERS]")
    rsDat.MoveFirst
    Do
       DoCmd.OpenReport "rpt_scorecards", acViewPreview, , "[VENDOR#] = " & rsDat(0)
       DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rpt_scorecards", acFormatPDF, "C:\ACCOUNT_" & rsDat(0) & ".pdf"
       DoCmd.Close acReport, "rpt_scorecards", acSaveNo
       rsDat.MoveNext
    Loop Until rsDat.EOF
    MsgBox "Tower Scorecards Exported"
    End Function
    Help!
    Last edited by June7; 06-03-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: add code tags and indentation for readability

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Try:

SELECT DISTINCT [VENDOR#] From [EDISPATCH_TOWERS]
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thanks again June7. I think it works but I get a pop up box saying 'Enter Parameter Value'. Below that message it says 'A0385' which is a Vendor#. If I hit cancel it exports. How do I get this message not to appear so I don't have to hit cancel 100 times?

June7 is offline VIP
    The vendor number is text, not number. Text values need apostrophe delimiters (use # for date values). Try:

"[VENDOR#] = '" & rsDat(0) & "'"
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thanks again June! You are awesome!

I think I almost have this thing working. The only problem I am having now is that when a seaparate .pdf report is exported for each vendor, the same report is repeated 3 times in each file. So, for vendor # A0385, the pdf has 3 pages in the report that are all the same. Is there a way to just get 1 page in the report?

Here's the code again;

Option Compare Database
    Function exp()
    Dim rsDat As Recordset
    Set rsDat = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("Select distinct [VENDOR#] From [EDISPATCH_TOWERS]")
    rsDat.MoveFirst
    Do
    DoCmd.OpenReport "rpt_scorecards", acViewPreview, , "[VENDOR#] = '" & rsDat(0) & "'"
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rpt_scorecards", acFormatPDF, "C:\ACCOUNT_" & rsDat(0) & ".pdf"
    DoCmd.Close acReport, "rpt_scorecards", acSaveNo
    rsDat.MoveNext
    Loop Until rsDat.EOF
    MsgBox "Tower Scorecards Exported"
    End Function

June7 is offline VIP
    Something wrong about the report design and/or the source data which I expect is a query of joined tables. If you want to provide project I will look at. Follow instructions at bottom of my post. Identify what objects are involved.

Copy of MASTER Tower_Scorecards.zipI am using both tables for my module export.

'MT_SC_S15_FINAL_TABLE' is the table that my report is built on. You will see that Vendor #'s have 3 lines of data each but I would only like to export one. e

I should mention that I built everything in SQL and then just imported it into access in order to build the report. That is why there are no queries in the db attached.

Thanks for your help June7. I appreciate it.
    Last edited by ertweety; 06-05-2012 at 07:04 AM. Reason: new attachment

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.