ashok is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Re-running the same query

Hello,

I am using Access 2010 for my database. I have run a query and entered the parameter value and got the result. I need to run the same query again to give different parameter value, but without closing the current results. Is it possible in MS Access 2010.

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Hi -

No, you can't do that. But, what you can do is create a new table with the same fields as there are in the query, and then change the query an append query, with that new table being the one appended to. That way, you can run the query as often as you need to, with the results all being in the same table.

John

ashok is offline Novice
    thanks John. I work for a institute and they asked me to link their excel data to Access. they asked me create queries so that they can have easy access to it. I did the parameter based queries. but they want to see the results for different parameters on different tabs.

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I am confused here - what are they going to use to look at the data? Excel or Access? And, when you say they want to see the results on different tabs, again the question is where, Excel or Access? Could they not just use the filtering capabilities of Excel to see what they need?

Please clarify what it is you need to do.

John

ashok is offline Novice
    yes, they use access to look at the data. they can use filtering capabilities of excel.but they want this data base for a long term use. so when they run a query and enter the parameter,they get a result. keeping the result on the same tab, they want to run the same query to give different parameter and the results for that parameter should be displayed on other tab.

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I still don't quite understand. Where are they running these queries from? Access or Excel? And where are the "tabs" you refer to - Access or Excel? You said they want the Access database for long-term use - but is there any data in it? From what you have said, the answer is No - you are just linking to the Excel spreadsheet.

John

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.