huongdl1987 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Unable to update form

Hi,

I made a form to find record information from a table. My initial table has 1400 customers. The form has the ID of the customers, name and address of these customers. I received an additional 100 customers later so I copied these customers into the table. Now, my form can't find the information of these customers. More specifically, I have a combo box that would find records based on the ID. When I choose an ID, the name and address of the customers would appear. However, when I choose a ID belonged to a new customer, the name and address of the customer would not appear. I've no idea why. Can you please help me?

Thank you,
    Meo

KrisDdb is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Are the customer ID, name and address from the same table? Do you have a primary key set for the table?

on a different note, if you are using an ODBC to get to this table, did you try refreshing the table through the linked manager?

June7 is offline VIP
    In line with KrisDdb's question, is this an all-in-one db or split? If split, what is the frontend - another Access file? Connection to tables by ODBC or links? Does the combobox RowSource have filter criteria?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisDdb View Post
    Are the customer ID, name and address from the same table? Do you have a primary key set for the table?

on a different note, if you are using an ODBC to get to this table, did you try refreshing the table through the linked manager?
    They are all on the same table. I suspected the problem might be because I copied these customers using excel, and then copied it back to the database. But even when I redo the form, the problem still persists.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    In line with KrisDdb's question, is this an all-in-one db or split? If split, what is the frontend - another Access file? Connection to tables by ODBC or links? Does the combobox RowSource have filter criteria?
    This is an all-in-one db. The combobox RowSource does not have filter criteria. Thank you!

June7 is offline VIP
    Want to provide the file for analysis? Follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.