s3rvant is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Question How to Mirror Access in MySQL???

My work is planning on migrating from an Access database located on their intranet to a MySQL database which we will be building an internet based site for. The steps we want to take are to create a MySQL database and have it mirror the Access database until we can move all our other software over to MySQL.

For now I am testing the idea on my home machine with Access 2007 and the XAMPP server package. I have created a few basic tables in Access, created a database in MySQL and connected Access to MySQL via ODBC. I have also linked all the matching fields via the Relationships feature.

So far I can edit the MySQL database manually in Access just fine, but if I add data in the Access tables it is not automatically placed in the MySQL tables.

Does anyone know what else I need to do to make the MySQL tables mirror the Access tables?

EDIT: Someone in a IRC channel suggested making a query that polled every few minutes and use that to update the mysql database. So, if that's an option I can figure out how to create the query, but how do I make it auto run at a set interval and have it update the mysql tables?
    Last edited by s3rvant; 07-28-2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: New Information

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.