rivergum_23 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2003

Run Report For Each Customer

Hi Again,

As you can see from my access project the report button currently runs the query and of course outputs (prints) the data. Is it possible (and how to do it??) to have the query/report run for each of my customers automatically?? Therefore a report would run print and close for Customer A , then Customer B and finally Customer C. In the actual project I have almost up to almost 40 customers.... Is it possible to run the query/report so it starts at the first contact and runs, prints and closes all the way down my 40 contacts in my contact table to the final customer and then finishes?? I would end up with 40 reports.

Obviously, I can put a combo box on the menu linking to my contact table and select what customer I require a query/report for and run the report that way, but can I do it all automatically??

No doubt it's possible, but a bit over my head at this point in time I think

Thanks Again,
    River
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Suggest you use report grouping and sorting features. Set up group section on ID or Customer field from Contacts table. Then options:

1. Set report properties for new page after each group. Print the entire report for all 40 contacts.

2. Set a filter parameter in the report RecordSource to print out only a single contact.

Access Help has guidelines on building report with grouping & sorting or Google for tutorials.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.