lherndon is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Problems with image display, please help

Hello, quick question.

I have a simple database more for viewing office materials that have only existed on sheets of paper more than for any real calculating or data storage. What I have currently is a form, that makes a series of calculations and displays a derived value based on user input. The form does the math eliminating the users need to go back and forth to a calculator. Once the value is derived they then click on another form to look up data related to that value. This is a one shot deal, no tables and nothing is stored. The users enter a value, tab to the next. Calculations are made from the text box control source. Some fields autofill after the tab, including the end value.

What I want to do, is simple, place an image of an arrow pointing to the button to open the next form they have to refer to. I want this arrow to be invisible until the end value field has data. Once this end value has data, I want the arrow to display. I know it isn't hard, but I am far from an access guru. Any help from the real guru's would be appreciated

Robeen is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Create your control with the image of the arrow [I'm assuming that you don't have a problem creating that - but let us know if you do].
    Then in the On Load Event of the Form [Open the 'Property Sheet' and then click outside the actual Form -> you will see that the Selection Typ in your Property Sheet will say 'Form'].
    Now - click on the Event Tab, click in the 'On Load' row and click on the [...] to the right.
    Choose 'Code Builder' and you should see:
    Code:
    Private Sub Form_Load()

End Sub
    Put something like this between those two lines:
    Me.NameofYourArrowControl.Visible = False

When you run the Form - the Arrow will be invisible.

Now, go back to Form Design Mode and in the 'On Change' Event of your 'EndValue' text box put something like this:
    Me.NameofYourArrowControl.Visible = False

I hope this helps!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Have you considered use of a tab control instead of opening multiple forms?

Can use code (I use only VBA) to set the Visible property of any control based on a met condition. This includes a Button or OLE or Image control with an embedded image.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.