Question New here...how to put imported data into a text field/form on Access (2003)?

There's this data sheet that I update every day that contains dates and a description of events which is done on Excel. But I want to juice it up a bit and learn some Access to make it nicer, but I'm not too proficient with Access. I imported the data and ran a query just to get today's events. That worked fine. I also made a form where all of today's events would appear, with a text field for date and description, so anyone who looks at it can see what today's events were. Unfortunately ,I just get errors. I have no idea where to get the data and to make sure it all appears correctly. I get a NAME#? error.

Can someone please explain how I can put the data here once it's imported?

Feel free to assume I'm a moron with Access

alansidman is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    In your form, you will need to make the record source your query. Do this in the Properties for the form. Open the form in design view, right click on the form and select properties. On the Data tab select Record source. Now bind each of the fields in your form to the fields in the query.

Quote Originally Posted by alansidman View Post
    In your form, you will need to make the record source your query. Do this in the Properties for the form. Open the form in design view, right click on the form and select properties. On the Data tab select Record source. Now bind each of the fields in your form to the fields in the query.
    Got it to work thanks! But how can I get more records to show up? When I created the text fields, I just created one "line" worth of records, that is, "date" and "description", but the data I want to bring in only contains the first date and its description. There are 5 different records that should be appearing. I know I'm missing a loop somewhere (tried to select continuous form in properties), but am having no luck figuring it out.

In other words, if the query produces 5 records, it should post 5 records/lines on the form. Yet I am only getting the first form. I even tried cheating by making a new text field, but it still grabbed only the first record of data from that query.

alansidman is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Have you tried using a datasheet view?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.